VOLUNTEER WITH SENIOR CONNECTIONS
We couldn’t help the thousands of seniors we do each year without your care, your concern and your time. As a group, you donate more than 40,000 hours annually reaching out to your senior neighbors.
Volunteering Opportunities Include:
- Packing Meals – (generally shifts are 3 hours between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm)
- Meal Delivery – (2-3 hours between 10:00 and 1:00 Mon-Fri and 9:00 am-12:00 pm Sat)
- Administrative – Front Desk, filing, etc, at our office and senior centers in DeKalb Co.
- Special Events – as needed for fundraising, development and senior programs.
More detailed information on each assignment included below.
TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER:
- COMPLETE APPLICATION - Fill out and submit via form:
If you have difficulties submitting the form online, please print, complete and either fax (770-455-8157) or mail/drop off the form to 5238 Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA 30341. Still have questions? Email email@example.com
- READ the Volunteer Manual and sign the last page to accept terms of volunteering.
- ORIENTATION – attend a session (times vary, we’ll work with your schedule) and bring your signed acceptance form from the volunteer manual with you.
- SCHEDULE - Upon completion of orientation and a background check, the volunteer manager will schedule your first volunteering session and set up your routine calendar.
- VOLUNTEER WITH JOY!
VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENTS DETAILS
Meal Packing (Chamblee Kitchen) – Senior Connections produces almost 3,000 meals every weekday. These need to be packed for delivery to seniors. We need volunteers from 8:00 until 3:00 Monday through Friday willing to work 3-hour shifts. Minimum age to volunteer in the kitchen is 12 (with a parent or guardian) or 16 without adult supervision.
Meals On Wheels Delivery of Routes (Weekdays) – This is about a 2-hour time commitment. Route pick-up sites include Chamblee, City of Decatur and City of Lithonia. A complete meal is delivered to a senior’s door. Volunteers pick up the route, deliver and return to the pick-up site with delivery materials. Routes must be delivered between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Drivers must be 18 years or older with a valid driver’s license, dependable vehicle and auto insurance.
Meals On Wheels Delivery of Routes (Saturday) – Deliveries on Saturday are frozen meals only out of the Chamblee delivery site. No return to Chamblee is required unless meals are undeliverable for some reason. Routes are delivered from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon.
Other Volunteer Opportunities are also available including helping out at area senior centers, administrative and project assistance and help with special events. A complete list is available on the Volunteer Application.